TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team will open Summit League play at Omaha Saturday, December 30 at 1 p.m. inside Baxter Arena in Omaha, Nebraska.
The game will be streamed online via the Mavs All-Access. Fans may also view the live stats, see link below, or follow the Golden Eagles on Twitter, @ORUWBB.
- For the second consecutive year, ORU will open Summit League play at Omaha.
- The Golden Eagles are 6-2 overall all-time against the Omaha Mavericks.
- The Golden Eagles split the 2016-17 season series with the Mavericks. ORU defeated Omaha 67-65 on December 28, 2016, in Omaha, Nebraska. The Golden Eagles fell 64-49 on February 11, 2017, at the Mabee Center.
- Junior forward, Maria Martianez scored 14 points and recorded eight rebounds in the team's last game at Utah.
- Senior Faith Ihim scored her 1,000th career point against Arkansas and became the 20th player to score at least 1,000 points during her career. Ihim also has more than 500 rebounds, which makes her the 10th player in ORU women's basketball history to have more than 1,000 points and at least 500 rebounds. She scored 11 points against Utah and grabbed six rebounds. Ihim was awarded her first-ever Summit League Player of the Week on December 18.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Faith Ihim and Maria Martianez were named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team.
- Last game, Rachel Skalnik scored seven points for the Golden Eagles at Utah.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her sixth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds an 82-85 overall head coaching record.
- For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.