Score: Oral Roberts 109 – Northwestern Oklahoma State 60
Records: Oral Roberts (0-0) (0-0); NWOSU (0-0) (0-0)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Five Golden Eagles scored in double digits as the Oral Roberts women's basketball team defeated Northwestern Oklahoma State, 109-60, in exhibition play Saturday afternoon in the Mabee Center.
ORU jumped out early on NWOSU. The Golden Eagles opened the game with a 16-2 run. Faith Ihim led the way in the run with six points. Ihim scored eight points in the first quarter and went 4-4 from the field. Montserrat Brotons scored seven points in the first. The Golden Eagles closed out the first quarter and led the Lady Rangers 35-18. ORU shot 66.7 percent from the field and 82.4 percent from the free-throw line.
Ihim extended her point total to 10 in the second quarter going 5-5 from the field. ORU took a 61-31 lead going in to halftime. Keni Jo Lippe scored 10 points in the first half and went 3-5 from the field and 4-5 from the free-throw line. The Golden Eagles shot 60 percent from the field in the second quarter.
In the third quarter, the Golden Eagles shot 35.3 percent from the field and scored 19 points. Keni Jo Lippe scored seven points in the quarter and ORU went 2-9 from beyond the arc. The Golden Eagles went 5-9 from the free-throw line. ORU led the Lady Rangers 80-49 at the end of the third.
The Golden Eagles shot 63.2 percent from the field in the fourth quarter. Faith Ihim tallied a double-double with 22 points and 11 rebounds in the game. Maya Mayberry led the team with 10 points in the fourth quarter. Overall, the Golden Eagles shot 56.3 percent on the day and won 109-60.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim led the team with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Keni Jo Lippe scored 20 points in her first game in an ORU uniform.
NOWSU: Jade Jones scored 21 points for the Lady Rangers with two rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 56.3 percent overall in today's game.
- ORU out-rebounded NWOSU 55-30.
- The Golden Eagles had a 31.8 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 15 times, but forced the Lady Rangers to turn the ball over 17 times.
- ORU shot 71 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 22 points and recorded 11 rebounds in the game for a double-double.
- Maria Martianez had nine points and four rebounds in the game along with three assists.
- Rachel Skalnik scored seven points with six rebounds, seven assists and four steals.
- Montserrat Brotons totaled 12 points and grabbed four rebounds.
- Keni Jo Lippe scored 20 points and recorded eight rebounds with three assists.
- Regan Schumacher recorded 12 points and seven rebounds with two steals.
- ORU had 60 points in the paint and 39 bench points in today's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with 21 points off of turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will open the 2017-18 season at TCU, Saturday, November 11. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. inside the Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena in Fort Worth, Texas.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.