Score: Oral Roberts 49 – Omaha 64
Records: Oral Roberts (13-13) (5-8); Omaha (12-13) (5-7)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Mikaela Shaw scored 22 points for Omaha and helped push the Mavericks past ORU 64-49 Saturday afternoon at the Mabee Center.
Maria Martianez opened the game with her first bucket in the opening possession. The Mavericks came back and went on a quick 6-0 run before the first media timeout to lead 11-5. Omaha led the Golden Eagles at the end of the first 16-10. ORU shot 31 percent in the first, while Omaha shot 44 percent.
Hot shooting for Mavericks continued in the second quarter. Omaha jumped out to a 13 point lead until Lakota Beatty scored her first bucket in the game and cut the lead to 11. The Mavericks took a 28-17 lead in to halftime. Omaha shot 41 percent in the first half, while ORU shot 27 percent.
Kaylan Mayberry scored her first three-point bucket in the game in the third that cut Omaha's lead down to 10. Mayberry then stole the ball on the defensive possession and scored a layup on the other end to bring the score to within eight. Faith Ihim brought the score to within five with just under two minutes remaining in the quarter. Omaha led ORU 41-36 at the end of the third.
Omaha extended its lead to 20 in the fourth. The Mavericks out-scored the Golden Eagles 23-13 in the fourth. For the day, ORU shot 35 percent, while Omaha shot 46 percent. Kaylan Mayberry led the way for the Golden Eagles with 11 points.
Omaha: Mikaela Shaw scored 22 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 35 percent overall in today's game.
- ORU out-rebounded Omaha 38-37.
- The Golden Eagles had a 25 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 16 times, but forced the Mavericks to turn the ball over 12 times.
- ORU shot 55.6 percent from the free-throw line.
- Kaylan Mayberry had 11 points on the day along with two rebounds, five assists and three steals.
- Faith Ihim scored seven points and recorded nine rebounds in the game along with one assist and one steal.
- Maria Martianez had nine points and nine rebounds in the game along with two blocks.
- Hillary Hurst scored four points with five rebounds in today's game.
- Rachel Skalnik scored three points and grabbed three rebounds. She also recorded one assist.
- Montserrat Brotons totaled five points and grabbed two rebounds.
- Ashley Beatty scored six points and recorded two rebounds. She also captured two steals.
- Lakota Beatty scored four points on the day with one rebound, two assists and two steals.
- ORU had 22 points in the paint and 13 bench points in today's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with six points off of turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will travel to Vermillion, South Dakota, to take on the South Dakota Coyotes on Wednesday, February 15 at 7 p.m. inside the new Sanford Coyote Sports Center.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.