Score: Oral Roberts 1 – Purdue Fort Wayne 3
Record: ORU (6-4-2, 0-1-1) – PFW (7-6-1, 1-2-0)
Location: Hefner Soccer Complex (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer dropped its first Summit League match of the season, 3-1, at Purdue Fort Wayne Saturday evening in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Blake Ceams scored the first goal for Purdue Fort Wayne in the 20th minute off play off of a cross he snuck past the left post from Alex Frank.
The Mastodons took a 2-0 lead in the 22nd minute when Chris Baranowski scored on a restart. Romain Lopez was credited with the assist.
In the 56th minute, Junior Chavez scored an unassisted goal with a 25 yard free-kick. It was Chavez's sixth goal of the season.
Matthew Lieshout made it a 3-1 match in favor of the Mastodons in the 74th minute when he scored an unassisted goal with a 35 yard free-kick.
Inside the Box Score
- Purdue Fort Wayne out-shot ORU 16-15 in the match. The Golden Eagles had four shots on goal, while the Mastodons had six.
- Nicolas Mertzokat played all 90 minutes in tonight's match and recorded three saves. Mertzokat's season recorded moves to 1-1-1.
- Junior Chavez recorded five shots with two on goal and one goal.
- Tanguy Guerineau had five shots with one on goal.
- Combined there were a total of nine corner kicks in the match.
The Golden Eagles return home to the Case Soccer Complex to host the Eastern Illinois Panthers Saturday, October 20 at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.