Event: Summit League Men's Golf Championship
Location: Sand Creek Station GC / Newton, Kan.
Full Results: Summit League Championship – Round 2 Results
NEWTON, Kan. – The Oral Roberts men's golf team shot 317 on Monday in the second round of the 2018 Summit League Championship at Sand Creek Station, as strong and gusty winds wreaked havoc on the scores across the board. ORU sits at 623 (306-317) after 36-holes and is tied with Western Illinois for fifth, while North Dakota State and Denver are tied for first at 608.
News and Notes
- ORU settled down on the back nine, recording eight of their 10 birdies on the final nine holes.
- After a tough finish on yesterday's back nine, Mike Biata got revenge Monday with four birdies on the final nine holes to move into a tie for the team lead and into the top 20 in the individual standings.
- Josh Montgomery continued to be among the best at the par 4 holes with a 4.10 average, tied for the fourth best in the field.
- Biata and Jackson Howes are each tied for seventh in the field in par 5 scoring at 5.00.
- As a team, ORU is third in the field with 23 birdies in the first two days.
- Sustained winds in Newton were reportedly 30-35 miles per hour with gusts as strong as 50 mph.
T1 – North Dakota State – 296-312—608
T1 – Denver – 294-314—608
3 – South Dakota – 302-310—612
4 – Fort Wayne – 299-322—621
T5 – ORU – 306-317—623
T5 – Western Illinois – 298-325—623
7 – Omaha – 305-326-631
8 – South Dakota State – 308-330—638
The third and final round of the 2018 Summit League Championship will begin Tuesday morning. Live results can be found at GolfStat.com.
For the latest information on ORU athletics, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the Golden Eagles by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store.
--- #ORURiseUp ---