Oral Roberts (10-20, 6-9) vs. Omaha (18-9, 12-2)
Date/Time: Thursday, February 28, 2019 / 7:30 p.m.
TV/Video: KGEB TV-53 / ESPN+
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will close out the regular season, Thursday, as the Golden Eagles host Omaha in the second half of a double header.
Thursday's game will tip off at 7:30 p.m. and will be televised on KGEB TV-53, and available on ESPN+ and the WatchESPN app. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. Omaha
Opponent Game Notes: vs. Omaha
Summit League Notes: Week 17
Live Stats: vs. Omaha
TV / Live Video: KGEB TV-53 / ESPN+
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• At 12-2, Omaha is just a half game out of first place in the Summit League with two games left in the regular season for the Mavericks. After falling to ORU in the second game of league play, Omaha has won 11 of their last 12 games entering Thursday night.
• Omaha is led by Zach Jackson, who is scoring 18.6 points per game, but the Mavericks, who are averaging 79.7 points per contest, have five players averaging double figures this season.
• ORU is 8-3 all-time against Omaha, including a 5-1 mark at the Mabee Center. ORU won the first meeting of the year 87-84 in Omaha on December 30.
• Thursday night will be senior night at the Mabee Center as ORU honors seniors Kaelen Malone and Kerwin Smith, as well as senior managers Luke Smith and Duncan White. ORU will also hold the annual Diaper Derby at halftime of the game.
• ORU has the only duo (Obanor and Nzekwesi) to rank in the top 10 in the Summit League in scoring and rebounding. Nzekwesi is 8th in scoring at 14.9 ppg, while Obanor is 9th at 14.9 ppg. Nzekwesi is 3rd in rebounding (8.5 rpg) and Obanor is 6th (7.5 rpg).
• ORU is 33rd in the nation in total rebounds with 1,079 and 59th in the nation in total 3-pointers made (249).
• Kevin Obanor is 24th nationally in field-goal percentage (60.3), leading the Summit League in that category. Among freshmen nationally, Obanor is fifth in field-goal percentage and 11th in rebounding.
• With 1,057 career points, Emmanuel Nzekwesi is 30th in ORU history in scoring, two behind Gary "Cat" Johnson for 29th. He is 55 rebounds away from the top 10 in ORU history (currently 626 rebounds).
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).