TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will travel to Omaha to kick off Summit League play Sunday against the Mavericks.
Sunday's game will tip off from Baxter Arena at 4:30 p.m. and will be streamed through the Omaha Athletic website, Omavs.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
Scouting the Opponent
• Zach Jackson, who was a preseason All-Summit League First Team selection, leads the Mavericks at 17.9 points per game. Omaha has three players averaging 10 or more points per game, and two more at 9.9 points per contest.
• Omaha has used the same starting lineup in 11 of the 14 games entering Sunday's game.
• ORU is 7-3 all-time against Omaha and has won three of the last four meetings, including a sweep in 2017-18.
• ORU has held teams to 36 points or fewer in the first half of each of the last four games and a total of nine times this season. 20 is the lowest total given up in the first half, doing so in an eventual overtime win over James Madison.
• ORU is 14th in the nation in total rebounds with 537, and 38th in the nation in total assists with 206. Kaelen Malone is 65th in the nation in total assists (63).
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi is 31st in the nation in total field goals made (90), and 37th in total rebounds (112). Despite being held to nine points against Tulsa, Nzekwesi has scored more than 15 points in six of the last eight games, averaging 15.6 points per game during that time.
• The Golden Eagles have hit at least five 3-pointers in every game this season, including seven or more in eight of the last 10 games.
• With his third rebound of the game against FGCU (a put-back dunk), Emmanuel Nzekwesi reached the 500 career rebound mark. He is currently averaging 6.9 rebounds per game for his career.
• Kevin Obanor has been impressive in his rookie season with the Golden Eagles, scoring in double figures in five of the seven games in which he has played. Obanor earned his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 13 rebounds in ORU's overtime win over James Madison.
• Sunday will mark the fourth time in five years in which ORU has started league play on the road. ORU was home against Omaha on the same date last season to open the Summit League schedule.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).