Oral Roberts (3-7) vs. Florida Gulf Coast (2-8)
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: ESPN 3 / WatchESPN
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – For just the fourth time so far this season, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will play a home game as the Golden Eagles host Florida Gulf Coast Wednesday night.
Wednesday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Mabee Center, and will be broadcast on ESPN 3 and Watch ESPN. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. FGCU
Opponent Game Notes: vs. FGCU
Summit League Notes: Week 5
Live Stats: vs. FGCU
TV / Live Video: ESPN 3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• FGCU has a 2-8 record, but one of their two wins was over preseason Summit League favorite South Dakota State.
• Haanif Cheatham leads the FGCU offense at 13.2 points per game, but the Eagles have three players averaging double figures. RaySean Scott Jr. is the leading rebounder for FGCU at 8.7 rebounds per game, having only played in the last three games.
• Wednesday will be the second meeting between the two programs, after ORU went to Fort Myers and grabbed an 83-64 win at Alico Arena last season.
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi is three rebounds away from 500 in his career.
• ORU is eighth nationally in total rebounds (373) and 33rd nationally in total blocks (39). Individually, Nzekwesi is 31st in total field goals (60) and 46th in total rebounds (75).
• Kevin Obanor has been impressive in his rookie season with the Golden Eagles, scoring in double figures in five of the seven games in which he has played. Obanor earned his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 13 rebounds in ORU's overtime win over James Madison.
• Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned All-Tournament Team honors at the Men Against Breast Cancer Oakland Hoops Challenge after posting back-to-back double-doubles to finish the tournament, including 22 points and 12 rebounds in ORU's win over James Madison.
• ORU has two players (Nzekwesi, Obanor) averaging double figures in scoring this season, with Malone close behind at 9.9 ppg.
• Kaelen Malone has now scored in double figures in seven of the last nine games, including a stretch of seven straight games. He had a season-high 13 points against Oakland after scoring 12 points in each of the previous four games.
• ORU basketball was featured on ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 twice in the same day earlier in the season, both for half-court shots. Former ORU player and current ORU women's basketball assistant coach Kyron Stokes drained a half-court shot backwards to earn the No. 10 spot, while CBU's buzzer-beater against the Golden Eagles was the top play.
• Junior Emmanuel Nzekwesi returns after leading ORU in scoring at 12.7 points per game last year and was second on the squad, and the top returner, at 7.2 rebounds per contest.
• ORU was picked to finish sixth in The Summit League, just behind North Dakota State and ahead of league newcomer North Dakota.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).