Oral Roberts (10-19, 4-8) at Denver (12-14, 6-6)
Date/Time: Sunday, February 18, 2018 / 1 p.m. (MT) / 2 p.m. (CT)
TV/Video: Altitude 2 / None
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Denver, Colo. / Magness Arena
TULSA, Okla. – On the road for the final two games of the regular season, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will travel to Denver to face the Pioneers at 1 p.m. (MT) Sunday afternoon.
Sunday's game will tip off at 1 p.m. (MT) from Magness Arena and will be televised on Altitude 2 TV. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at Denver
Opponent Game Notes: at Denver
Summit League Notes: Week 15
Live Stats: at Denver
TV / Live Video: Altitude 2 / None
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• The all-time series between ORU and Denver is tied 5-5 entering Sunday's contest after the Pioneers won the first meeting of the season, 73-64, in Tulsa.
• Joe Rosga and Daniel Amigo lead the Pioneer offense, and both are coming off 20+ performances against Omaha on Wednesday night. Rosga shot 10-12 from the field en route to 28 points.
• ORU leads The Summit League and is fifth nationally in total rebounds at 1,112 The Golden Eagles are seventh in the nation in offensive rebounds with 14.14 offensive boards per game.
• ORU is getting more than 67 percent of its scoring (1,421 of 2,096 points) from its underclassmen this season, including 53 percent (1,120 points) from the sophomore class.
• Sam Kearns has hit a 3-pointer in 28 consecutive games. He failed to make a triple in the first game of the season, but has connected from long range in every game since then. In just one season, he already leads the team in career games with a made 3-pointer.
• The Golden Eagles are looking for their first road win since an 83-64 drubbing of Florida Gulf Coast December 16.
• Against NDSU, Emmanuel Nzekwesi hit a contested layup with 28 seconds left in regulation to tie the game and send it to overtime where Austin Ruder beat the buzzer to give ORU the overtime win and the top spot on SportsCenter.
• It took until his 39th career game for Jontray Harris to record his first double-double, and the junior then did it in back-to-back games. Along with a career high in assists (5 vs. ETBU) and a career high in scoring (21 vs. NCC), Harris grabbed a career high 12 rebounds in both games last week, averaging 15.5 ppg and 12 rpg for the week.
• Kellen Manek's nine made free throws against NCC tied him with Emmanuel Nzkewesi for the most made free throws in a game this season. Nzekwesi was 9-10 at North Dakota State (1/3/18).
• Albert Owens blocked a pair of shots against Fort Wayne for his 150th career block, moving him to third in ORU history.
• ORU became one of just nine teams this year to have three players record a double-double in the same game as Albert Owens (22/ 13), Emmanuel Nzekwesi (12/11) and Jontray Harris (10/12) did so against East Texas Baptist. It is the first time on record that ORU has had three double-doubles in the same game.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).