Oral Roberts (7-14, 3-3) vs. Denver (7-12, 1-4)
Date/Time: Saturday, January 20, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN / KGEB TV-53 Tulsa
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will close out the first half of Summit League play, Saturday, as the Golden Eagles host Denver in the annual Hall of Fame game. ORU's four newest Hall of Famers; Christy Carter (women's golf), Calvin Garrett (men's basketball), David Castillo (baseball) and Patricia Menezes (volleyball) will be officially inducted Saturday as part of the weekend's festivities.
Saturday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Mabee Center and will be available on ESPN3 and through the WatchESPN app on mobile devices. The game will also be available locally on KGEB TV-53 in Tulsa. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. Denver
Opponent Game Notes: vs. Denver
Summit League Notes: Week 11
Live Stats: vs. Denver
TV / Live Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN / KGEB TV-53
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• After sweeping the season series last year, Denver holds a slight 5-4 advantage in the all-time series against ORU. Last year's loss at the Mabee Center was ORU's first home loss to Denver in the history of the series (4-1).
• Denver features the inside-outside duo of Daniel Amigo and Joe Rosga, both of whom average 15 points per game. Jake Pemberton also averages double figures at 10.7 points per contest.
• The Pioneers picked up nonconference wins over Wyoming, San Jose State and USC Upstate, and beat North Dakota State in Fargo to grab their lone Summit League win of the season.
• Senior Albert Owens was one of 30 selected as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. ORU WBB player Faith Ihim was also selected as a candidate, making ORU and Duke the only two schools with a nominee for both the men's and women's award.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 1,190 career points and 491 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).