Oral Roberts (7-13, 3-2) – South Dakota (15-5, 3-1)
Date/Time: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN / GoYotes.com
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Fargo, N.D. / Scheels Center
VERMILLION, S.D. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team continues its three game road swing in the Dakotas, Wednesday, as the Golden Eagles face off against South Dakota in the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. It will be ORU's third straight road game in Summit League play, all coming against teams picked in the top three of the preseason poll.
Wednesday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Sanford Coyote Sports Center and will be available on ESPN3 and through the WatchESPN app on mobile devices. There will also be a free stream on the South Dakota Athletic website, GoYotes.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at South Dakota
Opponent Game Notes: at South Dakota
Summit League Notes: Week 11
Live Stats: at South Dakota
TV / Live Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN / GoYotes.com
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• ORU leads the all-time series against South Dakota 6-4. The two teams split last year's regular season contests, with each team winning at home. ORU is 3-2 in Vermillion.
• South Dakota is 15-5 this season with wins three of their five losses coming to Power Five teams (TCU, Duke, UCLA). The Coyotes are led by Matt Mooney, who was named to the Lou Henson Award mid-season watch list and is averaging 17.3 points per game.
• Senior Albert Owens was one of 30 selected as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. ORU WBB player Faith Ihim was also selected as a candidate, making ORU and Duke the only two schools with a nominee for both the men's and women's award.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 1,184 career points and 487 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• Entering the 2017-18 season, senior center Albert Owens was picked as a preseason first team All-Summit League selection while sophomore forward Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned preseason second team honors. Additionally, Blue Ribbon Sports tabbed sophomore guard Sam Kearns as The Summit League's Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).