Score: North Dakota State 82 – Oral Roberts 64
Record: NDSU (10-8, 2-2) – ORU (7-13, 3-2)
Location: Fargo, N.D. (Scheels Center)
FARGO, N.D. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team was unable to slow down a North Dakota State team that caught fire offensively as the Bison won Saturday's matchup 82-64 at the Scheels Center.
Emmanuel Nzekwesi was unstoppable at times for ORU, scoring 23 points with eight rebounds and three steals. Sam Kearns had five of ORU's seven assists and Javan White tied Nzekwesi for the team lead in rebounds with eight boards, including seven offensive rebounds.
NDSU got 20 points from Paul Miller, who led a quartet of Bison to score in double figures. Cameron Hunter added 17 points and a team high six assists.
After trailing by as many as 15 in the second half, ORU put together a run and cut it to five at 65-60 with 5:50 to play, but the Bison out-scored ORU 17-4 down the stretch.
Oral Roberts: Nzekwesi led ORU in scoring with 23 points, steals with three and tied White for the team lead in rebounds with eight boards. Kearns dished out five of ORU's seven assists.
North Dakota State: Miller scored 20 for the Bison while Jacobson grabbed eight rebounds. Cameron Hunter was credited with six assists.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU shot just 31 percent (20-63) from the field, but hung around thanks to 16 offensive rebounds. ORU was 6-23 (26 percent) from 3-point range and shot 90 percent (18-20) from the free throw line.
- NDSU shot nearly 55 percent (29-53) for the game including a 53 percent mark (10-19) from 3-point range. The Bison hit 14 of 16 free throw attempts.
- NDSU out-rebounded ORU 34-33, the second straight game in which ORU has been out-rebounded.
- ORU held a 21-7 advantage in second chance points but the Bison led 30-24 in points in the paint.
News and Notes
- Saturday marked the first time since ORU's loss at Penn State on November 24 in which only one Golden Eagle scored in double figures.
- ORU is now 1-10 when getting out-rebounded by its opponent.
- ORU led the game for more than 16 minutes in the first half, but an 0-9 stretch from the field to end the half allowed NDSU to grab the 39-36 lead at the break.
ORU will be back in the Dakotas for one game Wednesday against South Dakota before returning home to face Denver in ORU's Hall of Fame game.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).