Score: Oklahoma State 91 – Oral Roberts 48
Records: OSU (3-0) – ORU (1-2)
Location: Stillwater, Okla. (Gallagher-Iba Arena)
STILLWATER, Okla. – Senior Albert Owens scored his 1,000th career point Thursday night at Gallagher-Iba Arena, but the Oral Roberts men's basketball team fell 91-48 to Oklahoma State in a game that was part of the 2017 Progressive Legends Classic.
Owens led the Golden Eagles with 16 points, giving him 1,006 for his ORU career, in his 98th career game. Owens, along with Emmanuel Nzekwesi, each grabbed six rebounds.
Brandon Averette led Oklahoma State with 21 points and nine assists.
Down just four with 9:41 to play in the first half, ORU was out-scored 21-8 to finish the half to break the game open.
Quote of the Game
"Good for Albert. Very few people have the opportunity to score more than 1,000 points in their career. At 7-11 from the field, he was our one guy who was over 50 percent." – Head Coach Paul Mills
Oral Roberts: Albert Owens was 7-11 from the field for a team high 16 points and tied Emmanuel Nzekwesi for the team lead with six rebounds.
Oklahoma State: Averette scored 21 points, including four 3-pointers to lead OSU. Lucas N'Guessan grabbed a team high eight rebounds.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU struggled from the field all night, shooting just 33 percent (20-60) for the game and 16 percent (3-18) from 3-point range, including a 0-6 mark in the second half.
- Oklahoma State finished the game with a 50 percent clip (35-70) from the field and hit 13 3-pointers.
- OSU grabbed 17 offensive rebounds and out-rebounded ORU 47-33 for the game.
- The Cowboys had four double-figure scorers, three of whom came off the bench.
- Despite intense pressure for the majority of the game, ORU turned the ball over just 12 times with five steals for OSU.
News and Notes
- With a fast break dunk in the second half, Owens reached double figures for the 47th time in his career and became the 34th player in ORU history to reach 1,000 career points.
- Owens tied Luke Spencer-Gardner for the 28th fastest to the mark, doing so in the 98th game of his career.
- Spencer Sutton saw three minutes of action and scored a basket, getting to play on the court that bears his grandfather's name.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).