TULSA, Okla.. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team added a new face but a familiar name Wednesday, as R.J. Fuqua signed his letter of intent to join the Golden Eagles for the 2017-18 season.
R.J. Fuqua | 5-11 | 170 | G | Tulsa, Okla. // Booker T. Washington
- Son of ORU Hall of Famer Richard Fuqua, one of three men's basketball players to have their jerseys retired in the Mabee Center.
- Scored 32 points to lead his Booker T. Washington squad to a 69-66 overtime victory over previously undefeated Union in the Class 6A State Championship.
- He averaged better than 15 points and five assists per game during his senior season.
- Joins former BTW Hornet Chris Miller on the ORU roster.
- Also had offers from Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist and Kansas City.
- All-State and All-Green Country selection
Interim Head Coach Rodney Perry on Fuqua
"R.J. will be a great addition to our program on and off the floor. He will provide great leadership from the point guard position and has great spiritual values. He's a highly competitive guy and is a winner. His dad is a huge part of our great tradition at ORU and it will be great to see a Fuqua playing for ORU again. We are excited to welcome R.J. to the family."
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).