Oral Roberts at South Dakota
Date/Time: Saturday, February 18, 2017 / 3:15 p.m.
TV/Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Radio: 97.1 FM The Sports Animal
Location: Vermillion, S.D. (Sanford Coyote Sports Center)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will finish up the road portion of the regular season Saturday as the Golden Eagles travel to South Dakota for a 3:15 tip off at the new Sanford Coyote Sports Center.
Saturday's game will be broadcast on ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 97.1 FM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App or ORU Golden Eagles Live App.
ORU Game Notes: at South Dakota
Opponent Game Notes: at South Dakota
Summit League Notes: Week 14
Live Stats: at South Dakota
TV / Live Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: at South Dakota
• ORU won the first meeting of the season between these two teams 90-80 inside the Mabee Center and took a 6-3 lead in the all-time series, snapping a three game losing streak to the Coyotes. Aaron Anderson notched the double-double in the first meeting with 20 points and 10 rebounds, both career highs at the time.
• Albert Owens has been virtually unstoppable in Summit League play averaging 20.1 points and 5.5 rebounds per game in Summit League games. He has topped the 20 point mark nine times, including back-to-back career high 28-point performances against Omaha and North Dakota State.
• Last season, ORU had just one player (Obi Emegano) average in double figures scoring. This season, ORU has three above that mark; Albert Owens 17.2 ppg, Jalen Bradley14.1 ppg and Kris Martin 13.6 ppg. Owens (20.1 ppg) and Bradley (14.6) have each upped their averages in league play, adding Aaron Anderson (10.4 ppg) into the mix as well.
• Freshman Emmanuel Nzekwesi has made an immediate impact, starting all 28 games in his rookie season. He leads all Summit League freshmen in scoring (33rd overall), rebounding (8th overall), double-doubles (T6th overall) and has the second most rebounds for any player in a game (17).
• Five times this season ORU has held an opponent to less than 30 points in a half; 21 (2nd) at Creighton, 21 (1st) and 27 (2nd) vs. Little Rock, 23 (1st) at South Dakota State and 29 (1st) vs. Western Illinois.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).