TULSA, Okla. - The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will start the second half of the Summit League schedule Saturday as the Golden Eagles host Fort Wayne at 3 p.m.
Al Jerkens and ORU Hall of Famer Steve Bontrager will call the game live on ESPN3 and the broadcast will be available online and on mobile devices through the WatchESPN app. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App or ORU Golden Eagles Live App.
ORU Game Notes: vs. Fort Wayne
Opponent Game Notes: vs. Fort Wayne
Summit League Notes: Week 11
Live Stats: vs. Fort Wayne
TV / Live Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: vs. Fort Wayne
• ORU is now 10-7 all-time against Fort Wayne having dropped the first meeting of the year between the two teams. Fort Wayne hit 20 3-pointers (20-35) in the contest at Fort Wayne's Gates Center. ORU trailed by as many as 28 in the game, but came back to make it a nine point contest with less than a minute to play.
• Albert Owens has been virtually unstoppable in Summit League play averaging 22.6 points and 7.0 rebounds per game over the half of the Summit League schedule. He has topped the 20 point mark in seven of the eight contests, including back-to-back career high 28-point performances against Omaha and North Dakota State.
• Last season, ORU had just one player (Obi Emegano) average in double figures scoring. This season, ORU has three above that mark; Albert Owens 17.4 ppg, Kris Martin 15.1 ppg and Jalen Bradley 14.2 ppg. All three have upped their scoring in league play; Owens 22.6 ppg, Martin 17.1 ppg and Bradley 15.1 ppg.
• The Golden Eagles had two of their best defensive performances in years to end the nonconference schedule holding No. 10 Creighton 25 points below their season average and holding Little Rock to 48 points, the fewest since 2014.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).