TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will close out its four game homestand against a streaking Omaha team that has won four in a row. The Golden Eagles will tangle with the Mavericks Saturday afternoon for a 3 p.m. contest that will be broadcast on ESPN3.
Al Jerkens and ORU Hall of Famer Steve Bontrager will call the game live on ESPN3 and the broadcast will be available online and on mobile devices through the WatchESPN app. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App or ORU Golden Eagles Live App.
• ORU leads the all-time series with Omaha 4-2, including a 3-1 record at home. ORU won the first two meetings back in 1974 and 1976, and then swept Omaha in the first meeting as Summit League opponents in 2015. The Mavericks got the better of the matchup last season, sweeping ORU during the regular season.
• ORU has faced one of the toughest schedules in the nation to start 2016-17. Eight of its nonconference opponents played in the 2016 postseason, including five NCAA Tournament teams. ORU's nonconference strength of schedule is currently 6th according to the NCAA RPI and the overall SOS is currently 49.
• Albert Owens has been virtually unstoppable in Summit League play averaging 20.8 points and 7.0 rebounds per game over the first six games. He has topped the 20 point mark in five of the six contests, including a career high 26 points against Fort Wayne.
• The Golden Eagles had two of their best defensive performances in years to end the nonconference schedule holding No. 10 Creighton 25 points below their season average and holding Little Rock to 48 points, the fewest since 2014.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).