TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will host IUPUI Saturday afternoon as part of an ORU basketball doubleheader. Saturday's men's game will tip of at 3 p.m. from the Mabee Center and the Golden Eagles will honor new Hall of Fame inductees Tyler Saladino (baseball), Faithy Kamangila (cross country/track), Charleton Dechert (men's golf) and Sam McCants (men's basketball) at halftime of the game. The ORU women's basketball team will host South Dakota State in the first game of the double header at 12:30 p.m.
Al Jerkens and ORU Hall of Famer Steve Bontrager will call the game live on ESPN3 and the broadcast will be available online and on mobile devices through the WatchESPN app. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App or ORU Golden Eagles Live App.
• ORU leads the all-time series with IUPUI 27-12 and the Golden Eagles have won 10 in a row in the series. ORU is 13-3 all-time in the Mabee Center against the Jaguars. Seven of the 39 contests have gone to overtime, including a 2OT and a 3OT game, both during the 2003-04 season.
• ORU has faced one of the toughest schedules in the nation to start 2016-17. Eight of its nonconference opponents played in the 2016 postseason, including five NCAA Tournament teams. ORU's nonconference strength of schedule is currently 5th according to the NCAA RPI and the overall SOS is currently 30.
• Albert Owens has been virtually unstoppable in Summit League play averaging 20.8 points and 7.0 rebounds per game over the first four games. He has topped the 20 point mark in three of the four contests, including a career high 26 points against Fort Wayne.
• The Golden Eagles had two of their best defensive performances in years to end the nonconference schedule holding No. 10 Creighton 25 points below their season average and holding Little Rock to 48 points, the fewest since 2014.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).