TULSA, Okla.– The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will face a top 10 challenge Saturday as the Golden Eagles travel to No. 10 Creighton for a 7 p.m. tipoff. It will mark the second year in a row in which ORU has battled a top 10 opponent after playing No. 7 Oklahoma December 12, 2015.
Saturday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the CenturyLink Center and will be broadcast on FS2 and will be available through the Fox Sports Go App. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App.
• ORU is 4-6 against Creighton in the 10 previous meetings. The Bluejays have taken the two most recent meetings, including a 65-64 win in the 2008 BracketBuster game at the Mabee Center.
• ORU has faced one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation to start 2016-17. Six of its first 11 opponents played in the 2016 postseason, including four NCAA Tournament teams. ORU's strength of schedule is 31 according to the NCAA RPI, not including the upcoming game against No. 10 Creighton.
• Sophomore Kris Martin has been on a tear the past four games, averaging better than 21 ppg over that span. After a career high 35 points against Missouri State which included seven 3-pointers, Martin is now 16th nationally in 3-pointers made, despite missing the first two games of the year.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).