Score: Oklahoma 92 – Oral Roberts 66
Records: OU (6-2) – ORU (1-8)
Location: Norman, Okla. (Lloyd Noble Center)
NORMAN, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team could not overcome the offensive attack of Oklahoma Wednesday night at the Lloyd Noble Center as the Sooners topped ORU 92-66. OU shot better than 51 percent for the game and 60 percent in the second half to pull away from the Golden Eagles.
Kris Martin posted a career high in scoring while matching Jalen Bradley for game high honors with 19 points apiece. Chris Miller matched his season high with six rebounds, tying the mark he set against Baylor in the first game of the year.
OU got 17 points from Christian James and the Sooners hit their first 12 free throw attempts and finished the game 15-16 from the line.
Quote of the Game
"After playing Michigan State and having a chance to win Saturday, I really thought our guys would play better and we didn't handle the situation. We didn't handle the pressure when they took us out of what we wanted to do offensively. Every time we would make a run at them, they would answer back with an even bigger run." – Coach Scott Sutton
After falling behind by double digits early, ORU got back within one at 20-19 after a Martin 3-pointer but OU scored the next nine points to stay in front of the Golden Eagles.
Oral Roberts: Martin and Bradley each scored 19 points while Bradley added a team-high six assists. Miller grabbed six rebounds to lead ORU on the boards.
Oklahoma: James was 6-10 from the field and scored a team-high 17 points.
Inside the Box Score
- OU out-rebounded ORU 37-29 but no Sooner had more than four rebounds. Nine different Sooners had at least three boards.
- ORU shot 44 percent (25-57) for the game, despite shooting just 38 percent (11-29) in the first half.
- The Golden Eagles hit 10 3-pointers, one off their season high.
- OU connected on 51 percent (33-64) from the field and hit 48 percent (11-23) from 3-point range.
- The Sooners had a 15-6 advantage in free throws made after ORU went 6-12 from the line.
News and Notes
- Despite getting out-rebounded by eight, ORU trailed just 8-7 in second chance points.
- The big Sooner edge was turning ORU's 20 turnovers into a 30-12 advantage in points off turnovers.
- ORU's 20 turnovers were the most this season and the most since giving it away 20 times at Denver last season.
The Golden Eagles will host John Brown Saturday, December 10, at 3 p.m. as part of an ORU double header. The ORU women's basketball team will play Tennessee-Martin at 12:30 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.