TULSA, Okla.. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team has signed three new student-athletes, including a junior college point guard and two high school seniors. Emir Ahmedic (Little Rock, Ark.) and Jamichael Morgan (Overland Park, Kan.) will join the Golden Eagle roster after finishing their senior years of high school, while Ka'Juan (K.J.) Malveau will play his sophomore year at Hill College before coming to the Mabee Center.
Emir Ahmedic | 6-8 | 250 | F | Little Rock, Ark. // Southwest Christian Academy
- Averaging 19.0 points and 11.0 rebounds per game to begin his senior season
- Originally from Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Played on the U16 Bosnian European Championship team in 2013
- Chose ORU because he liked the team's work ethic and the family atmosphere
Sutton on Ahmedic
"Emir is a big, strong post presence who plays extremely hard and he will come in and battle and be able to learn from some very good and experienced post players who are older than him. I'm excited about Emir and his potential. He is a great young man and I look forward to coaching him, along with our other signees."
Ka'Juan Malveau | 5-10 | 180 | G | Everman, Texas // Everman HS // Hill College
- Listed as a two-star recruit on VerbalCommits.com
- Spent one season at Texas State before transferring to Hill College
- District MVP and Newcomer of the Year at Everman HS
- All-Region honoree as a junior
- Averaged 21 points, four rebounds, four assists and three steals, while shooting 49 percent from the field in high school
- Played in all 31 games, shooting 30 percent from the field, 32 percent from 3-point range, and was 12-15 from the free throw line as a freshman at Texas State
Sutton on Malveau
"We had to get a point guard with our roster and only having one returning point guard. We feel like we signed a kid who is a great fit, he's a guy who is familiar with Albert (Owens) and Emmanuel (Nzekwesi). He's a pass-first point guard and he has division I experience at Texas State. Now he plays in a very competitive junior college conference and he plays for a great coach. I think he will come in and be able to adapt to this level a lot sooner than your typical high school or junior college point guard."
Jamicheal Morgan | 6-4 | 175 | G | Overland Park, Kan. // Blue Valley Northwest
- Listed as a three-star recruit by Rivals
- Honorable mention All-6A as a junior
- Also a member of the football and track programs, going to state in track and basketball
- Finished 7th in the state in the triple jump
- Honorable mention all-state
- Father was an Olympian in the 400m hurdles.
Sutton on Morgan
"Jamicheal is a big time athlete. He's a basketball player who understands the game and has a great feel for the game. He's explosive going to the basket but can also pass really well. You look at freshmen and I think he's one of those guys who can come in and play immediately and be a big part of the team from day one."
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).