TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will host Rogers State Monday evening in the regular season home opener for the Golden Eagles.
Monday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Mabee Center and will be broadcast for free on the ORU Sports Network through ORUAthletics.com. First year radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard at 97.1 FM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through www.ORUAthletics.com and through the ORU Athletics Front Row App.
• ORU and Rogers State will play for the first time during the regular season. The contest will count as a regular season game for the Golden Eagles, while it will serve as an exhibition game for the Hillcats.
• A win Monday would be ORU's 900th win in the history of the school. This is the 52nd season of ORU basketball, meaning ORU has averaged more than 17 wins per season for the history of the school and won nearly 60 percent of their games.
• The Golden Eagles return three starters and a total of eight lettermen from last year's squad, including three of the top four in scoring, and more than 50 percent of the total points from last year.
• Junior Albert Owens returns as the leading scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter (made) and shot blocker.
• ORU was picked to finish sixth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Baylor was picked to finish fifth in the Big 12.
• USA Today picked the Golden Eagles to finish seventh, but tabbed freshman Dezmond McDaniel as the league's Rookie of the Year.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).