ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts outfielder Noah Cummings was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while teammate Miguel Ausua garnered the Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of Feb. 20-26.
NOAH CUMMINGS, ORAL ROBERTS
Jr. // OF // Alpine, Calif.
- Earned his second career Player of the Week award
- Hit the first inning two-run home run Saturday to set the stage for a series sweep at Alabama
- Had a hit in all four-games he played in this week to extend his current hit-streak to seven games
- For the week, he accounted for eight runs (2 runs, 6 RBI) with eight hits, two walks, and three extra base hits (2B, 2HR)
- Batted .500 (8-for-16) with a .556 on-base percentage and .938 slugging percentage
Also nominated: Brock Logan, Fort Wayne; Parker Smejkal, Omaha; Adam McGinnis, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 20 – Mason Pierzchalski, NDSU
MIGUEL AUSUA, ORAL ROBERTS
Jr. // LHP // Penuelas, Puerto Rico
- Received his first career Pitcher of the Week honor
- Improves to 2-0 on the season after holding Alabama to just one run through six innings of work
- Struck out six batters in the Golden Eagles 5-2 victory, while allowing six hits and two walks
Also nominated: Brandon Phelps, Fort Wayne; Grant Suponchick, Omaha; Ian Koch, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 20 – Ryan Froom, SDSU
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.
For the latest information on ORU Baseball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.