TULSA, Okla. – Winners of 14 of their last 17, the Oral Roberts baseball team will host 23rd-ranked Texas Tech Tuesday afternoon at J. L. Johnson Stadium.
First pitch is scheduled for 2 p.m. as video will be available through ORUAthletics.com. Geoff Haxton will have the radio call and can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free online and on mobile devices at ORUAthletics.com.
|Oral Roberts vs #23 Texas Tech | April 7, 2 p.m. | Tulsa, Okla. | J. L. Johnson Stadium|
|Series Schedule/Coverage||Projected Starters|
|ORU - RHP Bryce Howe (1-1)
Texas Tech- RHP Quinn Carpenter (0-0)
|Social: Twitter | Instagram // Game Notes: ORU | Texas Tech|
OUT OF THE BOX
• ORU saw its nine-game winning streak come to an end after taking 2-of-3 at South Dakota State. A win over 11th-ranked Oklahoma State helped the Golden Eagles extend their streak in the middle of the week as well.
• ORU is 3-1 this season against Big 12 teams this season with a win at Oklahoma in addition to last week's win against Oklahoma State.
• Anthony Sequeira ranks second in the Summit League in RBI (30) and ranks 66th in the NCAA rankings. Sequeira also ranks fourth in the Summit League with a .351 batting average.
• Derrian James was named Summit League Player of the Week giving ORU its third honor. James hit .429 with seven runs scored, five RBI, two home runs, a pair of walks and a stolen base. He did not strike out in 17 plate appearances and had a .857 slugging percentage and .500 on-base percentage.
• ORU totaled 40 hits over the weekend against SDSU including 17 hits (second most this season) in the series finale. Through 30 games, ORU has 323 hits the most in the Summit League and 31st most in NCAA as LSU leads the country with 388.
• The Golden Eagles continue to swing hot bats as their .309 batting average ranks 14th best in the country and leads the Summit League. Arizona tops the nation with a .327 average.
• ORU has also been one of the best teams in the nation getting on base with a .394 mark through 30 games. The percentage ranks 24th in NCAA Division I and tops the Summit League.
UP NEXT FOR ORU
The Golden Eagles continue their road Summit League schedule Friday in a three-game series at Western Illinois. First pitch is slated for 3 p.m. at Alfred D. Boyer Stadium.